Book Your Stay
What to Do
There are many fun and interesting things to do on Mackinac Island. Rent a bike and ride around the island or hire a self-driven horse drawn carriage. For the history buffs there is Fort Mackinac and guided walking tours.
While the choices are many, here are a few suggestions:
- Kayak in the Straits of Mackinac with Great Turtle Kayaks.
- Take a Horse Drawn Carriage Tour.
- Explore the Mackinac Island State Park. Make sure to find Arch Rock, Sugar Loaf, and Fort Holmes.
- Explore the island on a bike or hike the many trails found on the "Inside" of the island. Rental bikes are available throughout the island.
- Take a step back in history to the 1800s at Fort Mackinac.
- Take the reigns and drive a horse drawn carriage or just hop on the back of a horse and take a nice trot on the island.
- Take horse riding lessons or spectate at the Mackinac Island Equestrian Center.
- Eat some world famous Mackinac Island Fudge at any of the excellent fudge shops on the island.
- Check out the cool Historic Downtown and find out how people lived in the early 19th century.
- Experience Mackinac Island's Original Butterfly House or stop at the Butterfly Conseratory.
- Looking for fun things to do on Mackinac Island? Check out FunFix.com for a list of adventure based activities on Mackinac Island.